Sunday 21 January 2018

November status update

A rather late post, but better late than never.

November went in better than expected. We travelled by sleeper class for the wedding I mentioned.  I was able to control my expenses and felt pretty happy.

Also I encashed my Jeevan saral. So a big win there. And found I have another LIC policy for which I paid single premium way back in 2010. Going to leave it as such and wait for the maturity in 2020. And the proceeds I got from Jeevan Saral plus my old car selling, I used to make part prepayment of my home loan. This s a big move and realised after almost 9 years of home loan repayment, I have not even paid 50% of my principle. This inspite of the fact, that I used to pay more than the EMI by a few thousands every month. Imagine what would be the state if I had not done that also. My aim now is to make payments as frequently as I can and be done with my home loan.

My husband landed a free lancing assignment, so I may get some additional income. Praying for a more stable job and happy for the way things have turned out so far.

My birthday was this month and I did not spend lavishly, was very clear on what I wanted and asked my hubby to get me just a 🍰. Had a lovely day and it was much better than my previous years. Finally realising you do not need to spend a lot to enjoy life.

Give me also springs of water!

No comments:

Post a Comment